Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
SBIR/STTR 101 Plus: Introduction and Agency Overview
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
9 AM - 3 PM
Come and learn more about this non-dilutive $2.4 billion federal R&D funding program set aside exclusively for small businesses with under 500 employees. This full-day workshop covers the SBIR/STTR program basics, including specific program information for key agencies such as National Science Foundation, Department of Defense and National Institutes of Health. The introduction section includes information on program purpose, eligibility and sources of funding. It is designed to provide enough information for attendees to determine if they would like to seriously pursue proposal development. You'll also learn more about several of the largest agency participants and the types of research they fund--some of their topics of interest will surprise you!
WHAT YOU’LL COME AWAY WITH:
- Overview of the SBIR/STTR program
- An understanding of whether your company/opportunity is suitable and eligible for the program
- Federal agency sources of funding
- Tools to help you do your homework and strategic planning prior to proposal preparation
- Specific information on key funding agencies
3 - 5 PM Bonus Afternoon Session: Making the Most of Your Attendance at the National SBIR Conference
If you're considering attending the National SBIR Conference in Portland, Oregon on November 13-15, 2012, (www.oregonsbir.com) we'll help you make the most of your time at the show. You'll learn:
- What to expect, including an overview of the Conference Agenda
- How to choose between the concurrent breakout sessions based on the stage and interests of your company
- Deciding who to meet and preparing materials to present your SBIR/STTR idea
- Making the most of the ALL IMPORTANT one-on-one sessions with the agency Program Managers and Prime Contractors to optimize your brief meeting times
When & Where